Carrentals.co.uk offers simple and straightforward car hire comparison services. We don't add a penny to your quotes!
Located on the Kiel Canal, Rendsburg is a very small town in northeast Schleiswig-Holstein, Germany. The Kiel Canal was not completed until the late nineteenth century. Its population is around 30,000 and the town only covers twenty-three square kilometres. The completion of the canal helped in the towns overall growth and establishment. It is situated in Northern Germany. It is the capital of the district of Rendsburg-Eckernforde. Interestingly, the beginning of the town is unknown. However, the town was mentioned around the late 1100s. The town was passed back and forth from German to Danish control for hundreds of years. Finally, in 1866, the town came under German control for good. This can be noticed in many parts of the town.
Rendsburg most important piece of construction is the steel railway bridge. It was constructed in the early twentieth century and is over forty meters in height. There is also a transporters bridge found in the town. It is a part of the actual railway bridge. It crosses over the Kiel Canal and is one of twenty in the world.
There are a few attractions in Rendsburg. The Town Hall was built in the sixteenth century. There is also a very old church found in the town. The church is known as St. Mary's Church. It was finished in 1286. Interestingly, the world's longest bench can be found in the town. The bench is 501 meters in length and can be found along the bank of the canal.