The Eiffel Tower is perhaps one of the most iconic symbols of France. It has become synonymous with Paris and its amazing food, historic beauty, and romantic setting. When people think of France, the tower is one of the first images that come to mind.
People are drawn to the Eiffel Tower for the views it offers of one of Europes most beautiful and romantic cities. The beauty of the Tower also makes it ideal for photo opportunities, and many people choose to document memorable events in front of it. No trip to Paris is complete without a journey to the top!
What to Know
The Eiffel Tower is open all year round including holidays. It does close early on Bastille Day (14 July) at 14:00pm. For most of the year, the Tower is open to the public from 9:30 to 23:45. They have extended hours during the summer months.
14 June - 31 August
Stairs:9:00 - 12:45 admittance stops at midnight
Lift:9:00 - 12:45 1st and 2nd-floor admittance stops at midnight, 3rd floor admittance stops at 11 pm
Rest of the Year
Stairs:9:30 - 18:30 admittance stops at 6 pm
Lift:9:30 - 23:45 1st and 2nd-floor admittance stops at 23:00, 3rd-floor admittance stops at 22:30
The Tower has stairs that lead from the ground up to its first and second floors. It also has an elevator that stops on each floor and goes all the way to the top. Ticket prices can change throughout the year and depend on whether you take the stairs or the lift and how high up you want to go.
Adults (over 24):1st and 2nd floor access (lift)* 16.3, 1st and 2nd floor access (stairs)* 10,2 Total access (lift)* 25.5
Adolescents (12-24):1st and 2nd floor access (lift)* 8,1, 1st and 2nd floor access (stairs)* 5,1 Total access (lift)* 12,7
Children (4-11)**:1st and 2nd floor access (lift)* 4,1, 1st and 2nd floor access (stairs)* 2,5 Total access (lift)* 6,4
Handicap:1st and 2nd floor access (lift)* 4,1, 1st and 2nd floor access (stairs)* 2,5 Total access (lift)* 6,4
*All prices are estimates
**Children under 4 get in for free
Where to Stay
- Htel Plaza Athn:The Htel Plaza Athn is located on the famous Montaigne Avenue and offers views of the Eiffel Tower and Champs-Elyses. It is home to the Michelin star Alain Ducasse restaurant.
- Hotel Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Grenelle:The Mercure Paris Hotel offers boat excursions along the Seine Pariss main waterway. It has rooms with views of the Eiffel Tower and Japanese Gardens. Pets are allowed for an additional fee.
- Htel France Eiffel:Located a mere 800 metres from the Eiffel Tower, the Htel France Eiffel is a nice, no-fuss boutique hotel. Pets allowed for an additional nightly fee.
- MIJE Marais Youth Hostel:This chain owns three youth hostels in Paris that offer single and dorm-style rooms, Wi-Fi, and breakfast at low prices.
- Hostel Eiffel:Offers cosy single and shared rooms in the heart of Paris as well as a restaurant and bar.
What Else to Do in Paris
While youre in Paris, dont forget to check out its famous museums and churches. No trip is complete without a visit to the Louvre or Notre Dame! Check out our list of things to do in Paris for more suggestions!
How to Get There
One of the easiest ways to navigate Paris is by car. Cars can be rented from most airports and train stations, including the Charles De Gaulle Airport and the Paris Gare Du Nord Station. There are three parking lots near the Tower. You can also reach it on the 42 and 82 bus lines, as well as the lines 6, 8, or 9 Metro. There is an interactive map on the website that can help you plan your commute.